? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, May 1, 2009

Seeing Differently

It is such a beautiful thing to watch what God is doing around me. It is never what I think should be happening in any way remotely similar to what I would have done. I am often very thankful God is God and I am not!

I love hearing testimony! Change is not easy, it is painful. Pruning hurts. Our life took a radical turn a year ago when our house flooded. Our pastor told us we are going to be able to divide our life into pre-flood days and post-flood. He is so right. What mattered immensely during the pre-flood barely gets a blip on my radar now. The house is in so much chaos all the time. Chaos is not my strength and how I have done this, only the Lord knows. I get so excited for a little light in this rather dark tunnel. My breakfast room is almost done...that comes as my hubbie chased a rat under the pantry wall this morning. Rats are not inhibited when there are holes in the wall and open access to the house. My daughter just popped her head in and told me there was a rat in the sticky trap this morning. She took it in and went back to bed. There was a day when that sight would have ignited a hysterical fit in her and I! I almost felt sorry for the rat, but not quite!

I often remember my friend telling me at the onset of this adventure that what is going on in our physical life parallels what God is doing with us spiritually. Her assessment was that I had too much clutter in my life, and it needed to go. She didn't mean that in the sense I don't clean house, but in the sense that there is too much stuff going on all the time, and something needs to go. Remodeling the house has closed other doors. We are less on the go, more able to say "no, we can't do that." We never said no before. At the same time, what we say yes to has changed. We have gained tools and skills that we feel is God-given and want to be available to use those skills. We say yes to those we know God has put in our lives at this time and at this moment. I don't know when or where the end is, what it means, or how I will view all of this when I am looking back on this period of my life. I know I will be changed. I know I am already seeing things differently, and prayerfully, I will learn to see through God's eyes...what is important to Him, what His goals are, His purposes, and be able to set my will aside to pursue His will for me!

0 comments: