? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Too Busy

I have been too busy to even organize my thoughts! The past few weeks have been flying by-I can hardly believe that Christmas is two weeks away! Am I done getting ready? Of course not! I have been trying to squeeze in holiday shopping in between working on the house, working, juggling ministries, and....it seems like this is the season for surgery! All week, I have gotten up, did some house chores, had coffee, devotions, worked on painting something, ran to work, ran to the hospital! It sure is hard to get anything else done...I snatch read here and there and clean something up on a "pass by." My brother asked me Monday if I had tried the leather cleaner ion the jeep seats. I said "when?" He said on one of my "pass bys!"

Today, I hope to have the desk done in the office so we can put up the computer. (After we kept knicking it, decided it needed to be polyurethaned) We also need to put up the shelving which will solve some of my organizational chaos and let me clean up the living room and den a bit. That is one of my objectives before attempting to put up a Christmas tree.

We had a nice warm day on Monday, so we got out in the shed and searched for winter clothes and office boxes. We then went to the other side of the shed, organized it again, and covered everything with plastic. Not a moment too soon-the storm hit later that day. It has been storming off and on ever since-today they are talking about snow! Wow...snow!

We had an eventful day last week with my jeep. We were driving to base and my indicator light beeped. I looked up to see what the problem was-tire pressure was dropping rapidly. I tried to make it to the base, but it was not possible. My tire had a slice in it and went completely flat. We pulled over (Kat and I). We made a few calls and got out to survey. We haven't had a flat in the jeep before so we had no idea where the jack was. Kat is crawling under the jeep looking for it when it occurs to me to look in the manual. We discover the jack is mounted under the back seat. We read the instructions and try to get it out! (Homeschooler in us!). We can't budge it, so along comes an airmen. He stops, and Kat explains the situation to him. He (of course) gets the jack out. It is a puzzle just getting it out of the jeep, and then it has to be taken out of the frame it is in. He figures that out and jacks up the jeep. Steve and my brother arrive about that time to finish the job. We said goodbye to the airmen, getting his address (so I could invite him to Christmas dinner), and head on our way.

We actually had three people stop in the short time we were there. It encouraged me greatly to know chivalry is not dead!

That stopped my day dead in its tracks...and I had to regroup. While we were waiting, before the jack incident, we decided to pray. God has been teaching me to pray without ceasing. Every moment of the day is an opportunity to pray. I pray while making the beds, doing the laundry, painting the wall. I pray while driving...and although I am not sure just exactly how at the moment, that is the topic of my prison ministry study tomorrow. Prayer is the one thing that I look back on my life and wonder how different everything would be if I had prayed more, worked less.

Too busy? Yes, I am....but it doesn't have to hinder me from prayer!

Oh...and prayer requests...another sister is coming here in January to stay with my brother, which means my sister and Alex have to come here. We still don't have rooms ready. Mine is ready to paint, but won't have floors yet. Kat is living in the office-her room needs to be sanding and finished floating so it can be primered and painted...will be a bit before she has floors too. Chance will be here this weekend (Alex's brother) and there is some things up in the air about that. A temporary teaching job has opened up in January which I am considering. It is 8th grade math for a middle school, just a sub till my friend comes off maternity leave. Hmm....might be a way to pay for my first term of the masters and it doesn't conflict with that, but it makes for very long days for about two months. HAVE NO IDEA! :) Please pray with us!

1 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Praying my friend! :) loved the long post :)
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com