? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, April 17, 2009

Taking a Trip

I got up this morning early to run some stuff to a friend's yardsale. I punched her church address in the gps and let "tom" guide me to the location. He took me down some roads I hadn't been on in my nearly 20 years in this city. I crossed through the heart of the city, full of old historic buildings beautifully restored peppered among new skyrises. An iron fence, black iron lamp posts lining cobblestone walkways and streets, setting the backdrop for this gorgeous city which has managed to blend the old and the new. Then I crossed out of the city into an old neighborhood characterized by very Louisianan shotgun houses.

Houses which were in need of repair: broken down fences, doors and windows covered with !plywood and plastic, paint chipping, old furniture lining the porches and yards. On the way back, I spotted a homeless man under a tree in a makeshift park, an old black lady pulling down laundry off her line running across the front of her porch, a kid sitting in a chair right next to the street listening to a cd player, radio or something of the sorts.

It was an hour round trip-a serene opening to my day. I had a moment of prayer time, and lots of ponder time as I took in my surroundings. It comes on the heels of a week filled with frustration. I have been so overwhelmed with where I am, what is on my plate to do, my living conditions, my crazy schedule, what I should be doing as to opposed to what I am doing, the isolation of not being able or better not feeling like I can just go play with so much looming over my head. Then I took a trip! I got home, took out my Bible and opened a devotional. It spurred a few moments with Power Bible to look up "truth." Truth is not based on what I hear or what I see or my circumstances. Living in truth means living in God's Word. A new look, a new perspective, a look at the old and the new, where I have been and where I am going. A trip is just what I needed to end this week and go into my weekend!

0 comments: