? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 31, 2009

Be Careful What You Complain About

These past few days have slowed me down considerably-not a bad thing, actually gives me time to ponder and regroup which I have so needed. I actually slept this morning till almost 10:00! I NEVER do that. I was shocked when I stretched, focused my eyes and looked at the alarm clock-9:40! Whoa...I jumped up and got going. :)

After picking up a bit (one of those things I do while I am waking up), putting a few things away, getting dressed, making the bed, and ordering our bedroom, I got my Bible out and crawled into my big comfy chair in my bedroom. I LOVE that chair, and I LOVE the room. It is calming. So....pull my Bible out, read a devotional on the names of God and browsed through some I had previously read. I looked over some verses I have written out, and reached for my journal. I don't always journal. I like to write, and journaling focuses my heart and mind, but sometimes I am in too big of a spin to even focus long enough to do that-and that would certainly characterize my life lately. Today, I flipped through the pages to see what I had written over the past year or so. By the way...the journal I am writing in right now was given to me for Christmas in 2005 by one of my sweet sisters-the adopted variety (and you know who you are! :)

I sit there a bit reading through various entries and noticing the dates-just pondering what was going in my life at that moment. The day before the flood last year, I talked to God about the chaos, the noise, and the conflicts in my life...LOL....so that is what I THOUGHT was chaos...the next day, real chaos hit fast and furious. How short sighted I am!

The funniest one, and I am still laughing was an entry on March 28, 2008. Here is the entry:

Lord, not a great idea to start my day off angry, but I am. My husband's priorities are not my priorities-He never wants to do anything on the house. When it comes to the house-he says we don't have any money.

That is all I wrote that day, which is unusual for me. I usually ramble and ramble. I don't know what I was mad about, or what I wanted that he didn't want to give me. I have no idea, but I am guessing that graduation was just over a month and a half away, and I was getting ready for a house full of people. Since I tend to be a bit anal about that, I was probably trying to make some last minute repairs, paint...etc...and he didn't want to.

Wow...be careful what you ask for, or should I say complain about, because now the house is at the center of both our priorities. All we do is work on the house, together, all the time! Not only is that the case, it gets all of our extra resources! We spend $100's every week repairing the flood damage, upgrading, and redecorating this house. Last year, I was trying to get him to want to help repair the house; this year, I would like to QUIT repairing the house, do something else, and spend our money somewhere else!!!!! Yep...still laughing....wonder if God is laughing with me?

1 comments:

Just Me said...

LOL! I understand completely where you are coming from. I too thought things were so rough before but God has opened my eyes and made me realize I have to rely on him. If I'mnot going to do it willingly then he's going to make me. People joke about be careful what you pray for. For example, you pray for patience and God will provide more instances that you have to be patient....not always what we want but always what we need.