? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Come Apart-Rest Awhile

"Abraham Lincoln spoke wisely when he said; "I reckon that people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." You, and not someone else, choose how you will react to what life throws at you."

Yep, Yep, Yep....and life has been dishing it out lately. Today, I am absolutely exhausted, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. These battles have been fierce, and I have to come away to rest awhile.

I really struggled with what to do today. It is prison ministry today, and all week I was expecting I would go with one of our ladies. Both are unable to go today so what to do, what to do. I am loaning my vehicle out which means I am sharing with my daughter. She has to work today so there would of been a vehicle shuffle...not a real problem..but then I was in no way ready to teach today. I didn't even have an inkling of what to teach. I lay there last night and this morning thinking and praying and asking , "God, what do I do?" I can go by myself, I can teach, I can juggle vehicles, but what do I teach, and what do you want me to do?"

I was instantly reminded of the lesson I did last time about discipleship. My mind went right to the disciples reporting back to Jesus after they had been out ministering to the people: healing, preaching Jesus, etc. They had no time so much as to eat, the Bible says, and Jesus told them to come away and rest. I then remembered something one of my pastors used to say quite a bit-you teach from the overflow. If you are empty-nothing to give. I am definitely empty. I have been ministering, encouraging, praying, talking about Jesus, clarifying what salvation means to all those God has put in my life....and today....it is time to come apart and rest.

I opened up an online devotion and read Abraham Lincoln's quote....too easy to lose focus in the business....too easy to forget how much I need God. Without Him...I don't have anything to give.

0 comments: