? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Memory Lane

This past weekend, we finished our bedroom (yippee!) and went to the storage unit to get a few boxes of stuff which had originally come out of our room. The room is just amazing....it is just how I envisioned it, very relaxing, open and airy feeling, like a beach. The beach has always been the place where I felt the majesty of my Lord. I would sit and watch the surf, listen to the sounds, take in the sights, and just be awed by who God is. The feeling never got old, and always settled me down into an attitude of calmness and peace.

Our room captures some of that, and after a year of not being in our own space, I am so thankful for it.

Our stuff has been stored now for nearly a year and a half. I have completely forgotten what we own and obviously haven't missed much of it. I opened our boxes to discover a completely different life. I was flooded with pink and green-ugh...what was I thinking back then!? In the midst of all of that, I also came across books, journals, mementos which represented periods of our life together. One of those was a bell. Way back when, in a time long long ago and very far away, I collected bells. Steve bought me my first one in our early days of marriage. That one had a unicorn and rainbow on it. It has long since been lost, but my collection did grow for awhile until it no longer interested me at all. When we moved to this house, I got rid of all but two. I kept one of the first ones he bought me. It was a Franklin Mint with a butterfly and flowers on it. (I was also into butterflies). I unwrapped that one this morning to discover it in pieces. I fought back tears. So much has been lost this past year or so, and every broken thing reminds me of what was, what used to be, who we were just a short time ago.

In another box, I found journals. Journals which captured our heart for so many years. I picked up the ones I journal in to my boys and the one Steve journaled in for awhile. (Sometimes I journal in Steve's to him). Bible studies, books on marriage, Bibles in all sizes filled those boxes. I picked up a book I don't remember. I must have gotten it from my pastor when I was doing a paper on Elohim for an Old Testament class I took. The book is called "Learning to Worship HIS NAME." The front page has lists and lists of the names of God.

Today, my trip down memory lane saddened me at the loses, but also encouraged me with the victories. I am glad we aren't who we were. I am glad that what once was important no longer is. I am glad for God's tempering of us both. I am thankful God has allowed these storms, these obstacles, these transitions in our life so we both could grow into the people God has desired us to become. So...Jesus...bring the rain...bring whatever it takes to make me more like you. Thank you Lord, that you are: Jehovah (Lord, the one above all else ), El-Shaddai (God Almighty), Adonai (Lord, the owner of my soul), Jehovah-Jireh (Provider), Jehovah-Rophe (Healer) , Elohim( God who keeps covenant), Jehovah-Shaloam (Peace), El Rohi (The Lord my Shepherd), Petra (My Rock) , Pistos (Faithful), and Amnos (the Lamb who shed His blood for me).

1 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Sorry for the sadness but happy you see the good in things too :) It is funny to look back and think as you said what was I thinking heehee Those journals are treasure. It must be wonderful to look back on things and see all God did in even little ways that you may not even remember you asked him to do :)

I am so glad that we are a part of each others lives :)

Love you friend,
Tami