? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me




I am really not into birthdays (for myself I mean), but had such a good day yesterday. My husband gave me a precious card first thing in the morning, and then I was off to see one of my dear friends. On the way, I made a few calls, texts, and prayed. My friend and I shared coffee and a coffee cake. She sang to me and gave me a sweet gift. It was a precious time. I left there to run an errand and prayed on the way. At lunch, my daughter gave me a really sweet frame/bulletin board which will be beautiful in our office. She always chooses a card that touches my heart, and I was truly blessed. Next, I ran to work. When I got to work, one of the girls had put a banner up with balloons and made brownies for all of us-too precious!

I received lots of calls, texts, and cards. The day really wasn't about all of that though-it was a peaceful day of prayer. I just couldn't help but pray, praise, and sing along with my whole heart to my God. No offense at those who didn't remember or towards those who only called out of obligation to do so....just quietness and trust in who my God is.

I arrived late to church because I got off late so was a little confused about the point. Wed. night sermons are about living in Canaan land (can never spell that). When he first started that series, the first night, I thought ok-but how do we get there? I certainly want to live like that, but how? Last night that became a little clearer. I kept thinking it was about putting off stuff, living in a Christlike pure way, that whole crucifying the old man, no this or that...and for the most part-that stuff hasn't been too hard for us, but that isn't Canaan land.

The clincher: "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Romans 7:25

It is the battle in the mind that has hindered me. My mind never shuts up. It replays events, evaluates situations, reworks new and better scenarios...I just can't tell you how I wish it would be quiet once in awhile. The plus is-I am very visual so I can learn and memorize things quickly, the negative is-I dwell on things I couldn't change if I wanted to, but I usually want to, and usually try. Yesterday, my focus was on prayer and prayer for these God has put on my heart. I had lots of tear moments as I prayed, but not tears of grief, tears of joy and trust. My heart and mind was God focused yesterday and WHAT a great day I had.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iam so proud of my daughter. I love her very much and she has come so far from the little girl that I knew so very long ago. I feel so old but I am Happy in what you and steve have accomplished and how much of your self you have given to others and the lord. I will cherish this site and read it often
love you dad