? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, November 21, 2008

Just One Touch

Yesterday did not go according to plan at all, my plan that is! I thought I was going to have a day of "house" projects, but one of the ladies was sick, and I needed to fill in. I was both excited and stressed. I love being a part of the prison ministry, but there is so much to be done here at the house. I hadn't gotten anything done on Wed., and we are so trying to make inspection right after Thanksgiving. Anyway.....I jumped up when I got the call and got real busy.

We started a correspondence Bible course for these ladies, well, not started really. Someone had mentioned the need, and our church had the resources available-we just had to tap into it. We had no idea what these ladies would do with this stuff, but third week in, we have about 13 faithfully doing their study. We had something like 15 more ask for the first one. The deal is they have to complete the first one to get the second one and so forth. They know this is not just literature we are handing out, but an opportunity for them to do a Bible study on their own. I am continually awed by the entire process, being there with these ladies, making these connections, sharing God's Word with them, and seeing them respond to it!

Ok so that is only part of my day; from there I go right to work at Sylvan. I had thought I would do that and then come home and get some work done, well, nope. I got a text from my friend reminding me that she was speaking at her ladies' monthly meeting and wanted me to come. She had invited me before, and I knew I needed to go, but Thursdays are soooooooooo hard! I toyed with it, weighed my options, knew I was tired, knew I needed to get some work done, knew my sister-in-law was cooking, but also knew my friend is so much more important than all that stuff-I went.

Her part was a testimony time for her to share what God has done in her life. I have known her for years so for me to hear where she is right now was an amazing thing. To see her standing up in front of these ladies talking from her heart, not hiding, not cowering, just sharing, was in itself amazing. I remember when she couldn't look people in the eyes. I know being up there was not easy for her to do. Although hesitant, a bit out of place since I don't go to church there, I was instantly glad I was there with her at that moment. My heart has been so burdened for the prison ministry and what she shared gave me such insight into what these other women are struggling with. Her testimony is not so unlike the story of the woman with an issue of blood for 12 years who just knew if she could but touch the hem of Jesus' garment, she could be healed. My friend had to but take that one step towards Jesus and let Him heal her; it was that first step that hindered her. One step and one touch, just one and we are surrounded by the consuming power of Jesus' healing. She shared what it was like to take that step and the battles she faced in her journey. I am so glad she did.

I thought about the devotion Max Lucado did on Mary, Martha, Lazarus. Lazarus was the trumpet-the one with an awesome testimony. We can't all be trumpets, my friend gets to be. She has a trumpet testimony. I don't. She ended her testimony time with a video clip of Nicole C. Mullen's song "One Touch" and an encouragement to those who plant seeds. We don't always see the fruit of our investment in the lives of others, but it doesn't mean there isn't any. I have to confess I was a bit jealous of those who got to share in that leg of her journey that I missed out on. I really kind of abandoned her, not being sure how to help her. Not the first time I have thrown my hands up in defeat. I felt like my efforts in her life were futile....I have felt like that many times in my life. Her words reminded me that God gives the increase, God does the work in lives, not us. All of these that have my heart, I lift up to Him, I give when He gives me opportunity, I share, I testify, I love-He does the rest...not up to me to bear fruit.

Friend, blow that trumpet....we all need to come to that place where we reach out for that one touch from our Savior!

Watch the video-One Touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtPZuNab9UY

1 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Wow! Thanks Friend! I cried as I read this. Thank you for your words to me last night as well!

I LOVE You and am praying for y'all in this time

Tami
Noah and Celeste's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com