? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Somewhere in Between

I went up to Centenary College yesterday to take my Praxis I (last test I need to pass before registering for the master's program!). Centenary was originally a Methodist college and still has some of its original religious base, howbeit it is now VERY liberal. They didn't rebuild the college; it has its original structures, which are absolutely beautiful. The building I was in had phrases etched into the floors right before the entry ways. I started out of the first floor which read "In the beginning, God." My second session was scheduled for the third floor, so I trekked up there. The floor there read, "Knock and it shall be opened." That made me wonder what was on the second floor, so I had to go look..."You are here to enrich the earth." Hmmmm.....so somewhere between God the creator, and God the Savior, I have a purpose...Between the beginning and the end...I was created to do something...to enrich the earth??? I am sure they chose those phrases and verses in reference to education; I however, read them another way. Yes, Education does open doors...and Yes, I should make a difference in my world....so I do agree...but not just on that level, on a deeper level...I want to impact my world for eternity. Whatever I achieve here on an educational level is temporal, whatever doors are opened to me here, are just tools to place where God has for me. They are opportunities not for personal advancement, but for something higher, something bigger than me. I am just a vapor in the wind....here today, gone tomorrow....what matters is what I allow Christ to do in me somewhere in between!

1 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

wow! that is good thoughts friend! Thanks for sharin. Gave me some meat to chew on this morning!

hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com