? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration

My kids at Sylvan were discussing the inauguration on Monday...whether they would watch it or not. They would be in school on Tuesday when it all took place. I always wanted my kids to watch and experience history, not just read about it. I remember so many historical happenings that we just stopped "school" to take part in. Some of those include: Going to meet the Russian pilots and tour their plane when they stopped in at Barksdale on a goodwill mission, Being at the dedication of the B2 bomber to the state of Louisiana-they named her the "Spirit of Louisiana," and present were pilots dating way back to World War days, Watching and being on a miltary base during 9/11-an experience none of us will ever forget, watching the impeachment proceedings of President Clinton, watching shuttles take off on tv, visiting the space center in Florida, taking a tour of a shuttle, and then watching it piggy back on its way back to Florida after a brief stop here at Barksdale. Just to name a few....so of course I watched/listened to the inauguration. It made me think of a history professor I had, Dr. Brewer. He could quote inauguration speeches from memory of not only famous presidents, but the not so famous ones. Wondered if he would memorize this one too!

God sets up kings and kingdoms...knowing that removes fear and anticipation of what is going to happen from my thoughts. Change is certainly in store...but one thing never changes-God. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. In this ever moving tide of change that sweeps through my life every day, not just on inauguration day, I can hold on to that truth. My God will still be the same, His word is constant...and I don't need a man to lead the way, I already know the way to go!

Historically speaking...we did make history yesterday. Not all of our history has been something to brag about and only time will tell if this falls into the bad or the good category! Glad I watched...glad I participated in our history....glad I voted...glad I prayed....and now just going to trust in an unchangeable God.

0 comments: