? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Speak the Truth

I am teaching on the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem this month in Sunday School. That has prompted me to read Zechariah and Haggai, both prophets during that particular time in Israel's history. My what I have learned reading their prophecys in light of Jeremiah's prophecies concerning the destruction of the first temple! Today while I was sitting in the doctor's office waiting, I read in Zechariah 8:16-17 "These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates." I have really had trouble speaking the truth when I know it will result in conflict. Instead I have stored up my feelings, attempted to suppress what was going on in me, and hoped it would just go away. It never does! Those words and some encouragement from Bro. Jon to "dance with the truth" as opposed to "dancing around the truth" were heavy on my heart today.

Opportunity came and as much as I did not want to deal with it, I had to. I had to spit it out and speak the truth. It was hard and certainly painful, but necessary. I wanted to dance...my impulse was to avoid, deny, anything but speak the truth...but somehow God enabled me to do what needed to be done, and now it is just done. I have so much more peace now that I have been able to speak the truth. Sometimes in life we come to crossroads where decisions have to be made. We have to decide to stay the same or be changed. I came up to that intersection and decided that I can't continue to live out of balance. I can't continue to live where others are first, God in there somewhere, and Steve dragging up the rear. I got it right....for the first time in my life! It sure has been an ongoing work in me, but God is doing it, changing my heart, redirecting my priorities, moving me in the direction He wants me to go in, and most of all giving me the courage to stand up, tell the truth, and not let others impose their will upon me! Speak the truth...

2 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

one of my fav verses is still 'You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free! Go forth in freedom my dear friend!

Love ya
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Empty Nester said...

Thanks friend. That is one of my favorites too...just hard to live it! I am so thankful God carried me over this hurdle and am trusting Him to work in it His Will-not mine!