? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking For A New Year of Firsts!


















I sure hope that is what this year is...all about adventure...not that life here is anything less, but seeing God do new and wonderful things all around us in greater than any trip to anywhere! :)


New Year's Eve: The end of a year...well it was a church day so we of course had church. Kat had to work and we had company coming over before church so here is how the day went...



I did house chores, cleaning up a bit, spent some time with the Lord, and Jon came over. He hung out a bit while Kat got ready for work, and then he took her to work. They had planned on going out for awhile after church so he wanted to take her and pick her up. After they left, I gathered up my stuff to run some errands before dinner. My keys were NOWHERE...I text Kat, "Where are my keys?" She responded, "Oh Crap, in my purse." I wanted to yell at her, started to get all over her case, my keys should not be in her purse....but decided it was the last day of the year, she was all googly eyed over Jon-hadn't stopped giggling in a week-and I would just blame it on Jon instead! Anyway..Steve brought me a set of keys and I went shopping for 3 Kings! I came home and hustled to get ready for church and get dinner going.



Taylor came in around 5ish followed by his fiance, her sister and friend. My sister popped in shortly thereafter, and then Jon came too. We had 8 for dinner. Taylor was cooking so he jumped in to finish dinner while the girls set the table. It was a little rushed but we got to meet Annie and visit with them. I tried convincing Taylor to come to church, not so sure he was REALLY going to come. In all of this, Tonia called. I thought she might need a babysitter, but text her back. She was alone for New Year's Eve, and wanted to know what we were doing. I invited to come with us. We went and picked her up for church...so we get to church...and our clan took up 3 rows! [Smile :)] Taylor did show up with all the girls, Kat was there-walked in with Jon and sat with Jon [They are the new item of the church] Jon was all grin which was too fun for me. My family was there too-all of us! Wow...By invitation I could hardly stop grinning about how amazing God was. I reached out and held Steve's hand on my left and Tonia's on my right while I just thanked God.



Taylor skiddadled after services, but the rest of us went in to a fellowship. Caitlyn was very upset so Steve walked around outside with her, and we snacked and visited. Two of the older ladies wanted to know what was going on with Jon and Kat [heee heee]. They were soooooooooo excited for Jon and Kat. So...after all that we headed home. We hung out here for a bit, and I reminded Jon LSU was playing, and he and Shawna jumped up to turn the game on. They weren't rooting for LSU, but LSU was winning by a landslide...and Rob called...we got to talk to Rob!!!!! He IS an LSU fan so we updated him on the score.



Then, Jon and Kat left, and we headed to IHOP. We got there about 11:40ish and there was hardly anyone in there. We got a big table so Jon and Kat, and possibly Cherokee could join us. To make a long story short, we were there until 1:30ish. By the time we left, it was packed-people were waiting to come in! We ate and played scrabble! I picked up a "to go" version of the game, and we played for quite some time. Waitresses were giving us tips and helping us spell words! :) Wow...we laughed...and that was a first. I have never sat in a restaurant and played a game...but it might be a new thing for us. It was so much fun!



We took Tonia home, Jon brought Kat home and then left, and we got back home to Kat and Shawna curled up on the couch under a blanket talking and watching Elf. It is now 2ish. Kat was sharing with us her night with Jon....so let me tell you...although she probably should. When he picked her up from work he wanted to talk to her about some things in his past which he didn't want to keep from her, she-of course-is able to love despite because she understands the love of God, and encouraged him by telling him it isn't how many times you fall, it is if you get up! [I love hearing my heart come spilling out through her!] During invitation [I had my eyes closed and did not see] he asked her to go to the altar to pray with him for God's blessing on their relationship. Then on the boardwalk, he took her up to the gazebo where he danced with her, just him and her and her cell phone playing music, Alrighty....makes the rest look like mere boys!



I was soooooooooo tired yesterday-literally dragging....Steve and I got up at our normal time. We started our day reading our Bibles and praying together. We prayed over everything! Then we went shopping-still 3 kings. While at the mall decided to stop in at Kay's. We have been kind of sort of looking for new wedding rings. I have been hesitant because 1. Way too expensive, 2. Didn't know what I wanted. Anyway...the lady at Kay's went through all kinds of rings till we narrowed down what I liked. She put a bridal set together that I really liked, but I didn't look at the price tag! [I was skeeered] She found Steve a band that matched, and then checked the price. She came back with a total of $4300. Ok...I know that rings get a lot more expensive than that but seriously...what are my other options!? Our saleslady argued that we have been married 25 years and certainly deserve it! I thought she might be on to something! We kept looking at other possibilities, but none hit me like that one, and finally Steve said, let's get that one....so to make a long story short...another long story short...we did! All I can say is: IT IS GORGEOUS. I keep holding my hand out to look at up....Steve said I was like a teenage girl that just got engaged! (Jon might be a little intimidated, he reminded Kat that we were just as much in love without the rings-and he is so right!!!!!He also said something about every kiss begins with Kay's but...didn't quite catch that one.)


So...think we are on our way to a year of firsts....a year of adventure.....a year of seeing God do even more than I could have ever imagined....and I am glad He gets to be in charge, because He picks out for me so much more than I choose for myself!!!!

3 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE :) I loved the entire post! :) Was on the edge of my seat through most of it :) WOw new wedding rings :) did something happen to the old ones or is this just in addition too :) Gorgeous :) And I LOVE LOVE reading about Kat and John :) Can't wait till my baby girl gets to experience that! Oh love :) so wondermous :) your time at ihop sounds wonderful :) I LOVE to play games in restraunts :) anywhere for that matter :)

I pray your new year keeps getting better and better :)

hugs friend,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

4ever&evermymarine&me said...

I'm probably going to have to wait 25 years to get my big ring too! ;) I don't even have an engagement ring! ;) But like you said, "just as much love without the rings" :)

Empty Nester said...

The rings are just that: rings...really it mattered to Steve more than it did me. His being able to give it to me makes him walk taller...I could have lived my whole life either way!