? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, September 3, 2009

40 Days

I made a trip to Lifeway earlier in the week, and of course had to browse the clearance aisle. I found a Beth Moore devotional journal. Devotional journals are always a hit with me. I like to write and the devotions included serve as prompts to get me thinking. This one is "Get Out of That Pit." Not that I am really in a pit per say, but change is always in order. This one screams lets get to changing. So, I picked it up yesterday to get started. She makes the point that "if we're willing to let truth speak louder than our feelings, and long enough that our feelings finally agree, we can be far more than okay" (pg. 1)

The intro talks about the significance of 40. 40 is the number for testing and trial. It rained for 40 days and nights, and the Israelites wandered for 40 years just to point out 2 examples. It also made me think of the Love Dare which is also a 40 day challenge. God changes people through trials and testings, and apparently 40 is a magic number. It is sure hard to commit to anything for that length of time, but if I can commit then I KNOW that He can change me too.

Here I am at day 2...Day 1 was "Come, Follow Me." The point being in order to follow, I have to leave behind something. I can't follow and hold on to where I was. There is no way I can change and stay the same at the same time. It is one or the other...hmmm...day 2 is "Bondage Blended In." The Scripture is John 5:3-6 about the impotent, blind, and halt waiting by the pool to be healed. A man had been there 38 years in that same condition and had no one to help him down into the pool. There he was, stuck in his own pit. Well...I am older than 38 (shhhh), and it is about time I made some real changes. Pit or no pit, change is necessary so here I go....40 days, only 38 more to go.

0 comments: