? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Importance of My Thought Life

I am on day 15 (almost half way through my 40 days) and still with it! The thought that hit me today was the importance of our thought life and how we have to learn to do well. It just doesn't come naturally. Every once in awhile, out of the blue, usually at very odd times, some wierd thought or memory steals its way to the front of my brain. I know the thought itself isn't sin, it could be if allowed to take root and turn into action. Knowing that, however, doesn't alleviate the weirdness I feel when those thoughts are there. I am learning to instantly turn those over to Christ. He knows where those thoughts originate, and He alone can cleanse my mind through a continual focus on Him and His Word. I NEED His Word to cover my life and permeate my thoughts.

Speaking of...since we flooded last year, the radio has been going almost 24/7 on KLOVE. It is a national contemporary Christian radio station, and it has so impacted us. It is on in our vehicles as well, so you go from one place to another hearing Christian music and messages and prayers and verses and testimonies. It is powerful to say the least.

There were so many Scriptures in my devotion today. I usually look those up myself and read around them to get the context. In Isaiah 1:16-20, God is exhorting the Israelites to wash themselves, to put away evil from them, to learn to do well and seek judgment. In 19-20 He says, "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be dvoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." I read that in relationship to the Lord speaking to my heart, directing my path, and the many times I refuse to listen. Not always a full refusal, but sometimes, I can't distinguish the voices, and not sure who is speaking so I do what I want instead. Rebellion against the Lord is still destructive and still sin. It destroys hearts and lives. Therein lies the choice, to be willing and obedient, not hardening my heart against what God is showing me, or to rebel? That choice is made in my heart and mind. I think about it, ponder it, and decide. Back to: I NEED God and His Word. Without Him, I can't begin to choose right. I can't learn to do well. I can't put away evil. My thought life-working on that with the help of Christian music, prayer, and God's Word...it is important...going to heed.

PS...this blog is about to undergo a facelift...a much needed one too...so the let the construction begin....

0 comments: